Busy day? This easy, healthy baked chicken recipe is a mid-week mealtime favourite. You’ll have dinner and leftover lunch sorted. PLUS! This recipe is high protein and low carb.
Serves 2. Each serve contains 1667 kJ (396 cals), 57g protein, 16.5g fat, 6g carbs and 6g fibre.
2 free range chicken breast fillets
2 garlic cloves, crushed
200g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
½ cup mixed olives, pitted
1 bunch of asparagus
1 lemon, cut in half + 1 tbs lemon zest
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
2. Place chicken in a large baking dish
3. Rub chicken with crushed garlic and squeeze half a lemon
4. Arrange the tomatoes, asparagus, olives, and drizzle with oil and lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and the chicken is cooked. Serve with side salad.