Love Mexican food? As a healthier spin on the classic burrito, this is a great way to get more plant-based protein in your diet, along with plenty of veg.
This recipe is vegetarian, high protein and high fibre. Makes 4-6 burritos. Each serve contains 1675 kJ (400 cals), 45g carbs, 16g protein, 14g fat, 11g fibre.
4 large burrito tortillas
1 cooked corn cob, kernels removed (or 250g corn kernels, drained)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 small capsicum, deseeded, finely chopped
½ tsp chilli powder
½ tsp ground cumin
250g four-bean mix or black beans, rinsed and drained
¼ cup coriander leaves, chopped
2 cups of lettuce, shredded
1 cup tasty cheese, grated
4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
Salsa (optional) 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
2 spring onions, finely chopped
½ lime, juiced
1 tsp, coriander, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
1. Heat a large fry pan on medium-high heat. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Add onion, garlic, chilli, cumin and capsicum and cook, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Add cooked corn kernels, beans and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring until heated through. Fold through coriander. Turn off the heat.
2. On a clean chopping board, place tortilla on top. Spoon one-quarter of the fried bean mix along the middle of the tortilla, handful of shredded lettuce and grated cheese and a dollop of yoghurt. Folding in the left and ride, followed by the top and bottom side, and roll the tortilla, tucking it in tight as you roll.
3. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
4. Heat a fry-pan over medium heat, and gently char each tortilla on one side for 30 sec to 1 minute and transfer on plate.
5. Cut each tortilla in half and serve with salsa.