This gluten-free loaf is filled with spinach, basil, nuts and seeds that will nourish and provide your body with a slow burning energy source to stave off mindless munching.
Tip: Pepita seeds are rich in magnesium important for regulating blood sugar levels.
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
3 free-range eggs, beaten
1 cup almond meal
1 ½ tsp baking powder
3 tb spmilk of choice
2 cup spinach leaves, finely chopped
3 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
1 tsp lemon juice
½ cup crushed walnuts, extra for topping
1 cup pepita seeds, extra for topping Pinch of salt.
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C
2. Line baking loaf tin with baking paper.
3. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: almond meal, baking powder, salt, spinach, basil, walnuts, pepita.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients: eggs, oil, milk and lemon juice. Mix well.
5. Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until well combined.
6. Spoon mixture into tin. Sprinkle pepita seeds and walnuts.
7. Bake the loaf for 40-45 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, allow to cool before serving.
9. Store in an air-tight container for up 5 days, or slice and freeze and use as required.
Serving suggestion: Slice and toast, serve with sliced avocado and rocket.