Walnut And Maple Crusted Salmon
Embrace your love of seafood and enjoy this tasty walnut and maple crusted omega-3 rich salmon for dinner tonight. You may even want it every night! This recipe is low carb, high protein and contains heart-healthy fats.
Serves 4. Each serve contains 2413 kJ, 8.5g carbs, 77g protein, 42g fat, 4g fibre.
4 x 160-180g salmon fillets, skin on, pin-boned
3/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped into small pieces
2 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
3 baby fennel bulbs, trimmed, thinly sliced crossways
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp fresh lime juice (half lime squeezed)
Salt and pepper to taste
Lemon wedges, to serve
½ cup natural yoghurt
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (half lime squeezed)
2 tbsp capers, drained, finely chopped
3 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. For the walnut crust, combine all ingredients except for the salmon and fennel bulb in a small bowl. Mix well to ensure all the walnuts are coated.
3. Place the walnut mixture on top of each piece of salmon, pressing firmly to form a nice crust coating.
4. Transfer onto an oven tray and bake for 12-15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, combine the fennel, yoghurt, lemon juice, capers and mustard in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
6. Divide the fennel mixture among serving plates. Top with the salmon and serve with lemon wedges.