Low Calorie Thai Beef Salad
Live lighter with this healthy twist on a traditional Thai dish, featuring lots of refreshing herbs, cooling cucumber and sesame seeds, sure to keep you satisfied.
This recipe is low kilojoule, high protein and low fat. Serves 4. Each serve contains 1306 kJ, 26g carbs, 25g protein, 11g fat, 1.5g fibre.
2 x 200g beef eye fillet
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup fresh coriander
1 cup fresh mint
1 cup fresh Thai basil
125g vermicelli noodles
1 lime, freshly squeezed
1 small red chilli, seeds removed and chopped
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Season the meat with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a fry pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, and cook steaks until well browned on both sides. 3 minutes for medium-rare 5 minutes for medium-well.
3. Transfer to a plate, loosely cover with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Cook vermicelli noodles as per packet instructions. Drain and set aside
5. In a mixing bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes and herbs.
6. Place all dressing ingredients in a screw top jar and shake well.
7. Slice beef, combine with salad and noodles, and then drizzle over dressing. Toss lightly. Serve.