Healthy Pesto Recipe
You can never go wrong with a jar of homemade pesto in the fridge. It’s simplicity and versatility can transform just about any meal. Drizzle over meat or fish, fold through pasta or zoodles (zucchini noodles), or use as a dressing or dip for an instant flavour boost.
Tip: Broccoli is rich vitamin C, antioxidants that help speed up muscle healing and recovery.
This recipe is vegan, gluten free and dairy-free. Serves roughly 10-12 tablespoons. Each serve contains 478 kJ, 0g carbs, 1g protein, 12g fat.
1 bunch basil leaves, stems removed
1 bunch flat leaf parsley leaves, stems removed
1.5 cup broccoli florets, pre-cooked
1 clove garlic, crushed
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup pine nuts
pinch of salt
1. Place all ingredients in food processor process until mixture resembles a paste.
Discover four ways you can use healthy pesto:
1. Dollop pesto over a grilled piece of fish.
2. Fold through zoodles (zucchini noodles).
3. Use as a dip, sprinkled with chilli flakes and served with crusty bread.
4. Make a salad dressing; add ½ tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp dijon mustard and a dash of water to the pesto in a jar and shake to combine.