Spicy Lamb Salad With Maple Dressing
This hearty, healthy lamb salad is the perfect mid-week meal – quick and easy to prepare and packed with nutritious ingredients.
1/2 avocado, chopped
500g pumpkin, peeled & cut into 1 cm cubes
olive oil spray
1 tsp paprika
50g feta or goats cheese
250g lamb fillet
½ cup walnuts
100g baby spinach or rocket
1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
½ red onion, finely sliced
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp maple syrup
2tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, diced
Salt & pepper
1. Prepare pumpkin by spreading in single layer in lined baking dish. Spray lightly with olive oil spray and sprinkle with paprika. Bake in a preheated 180 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes or until golden and tender.
2. Season lamb with salt and pepper. Place in baking pan and cook in oven for 10 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into thick slices.
3. Combine dressing ingredients in a jar and shake until combined.
4. Divide baby spinach, cucumber, red onion, pumpkin and avocado between two plates.
5. Divide the sliced lamb between the plates.
6. Crumble feta on top and sprinkle walnuts. Finally drizzle with dressing.