Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders
Let your slow-cooker do all the work. These flavour-packed, bite-size sliders make the perfect party appetisers, or double them up to make a main dish.
Did you know?
Onions contain prebiotic fibres for good gut health
Pork is a valuable source of iron
Extra virgin olive oil helps to reduce inflammation in the body
1 – 1.5kg pork shoulder, boneless, skinless
¼ cup water
2 tb salt
2 tb paprika
2 tb mustard powder
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tb maple syrup
3 onions, peeled and finely sliced
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
pinch sea salt
2 tb balsamic vinegar
Vegetable relish of choice
1. Place onions in slow cooker, add the oil, salt and balsamic vinegar.
2. To make the rub, combine salt, mustard powder, maple syrup, garlic, paprika and massage the marinade all over the meat.
3. Place pork in slow cooker on top of onions, add water and slow cook for a minimum of 5 hours on high or low for 8 hours, checking every now and then to turn pork over in the juices.
4. Once slow cooker has turned off, remove pork from the pot and allow to rest for 5 minutes and pull apart using two forks.
5. To assemble the burgers, layer the pulled pork, onions, spinach and relish on wholegrain buns and serve immediately.