Quinoa And Macadamia Crusted Lamb Cutlets
Mix up your Sunday roast with this healthy quinoa and macadamia crusted lamb cutlets recipe. This super tasty iron-rich meal will help boost your workout and is the perfect alternative to your Sunday roast.
Tip: Red meat such lamb is a rich source of iron, zinc and vitamin B12 – essential nutrients needed to keep the body and brain functioning well.
12 lamb cutlets
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup macadamia nuts, finely crushed
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ cup parsley, finely chopped
1 cup quinoa flakes
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1. Line a large baking dish with baking paper.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 200 C.
3. Place macadamia nuts, quinoa flakes, parmesan, parsley, garlic and 2 tbs of olive oil in a food processor. Process mixture until well combined and mixture forms a thick paste. Empty mixture onto a plate. Set aside.
4. Pat dry the lamb and season with salt and pepper. Place crumb mixture onto plate and press the lamb into the mixture until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Heat a large fry pan over medium heat, add the remaining oil. Sear the lamb in small batches and fry for one minute on each side or until the lamb is golden brown. Remove from the heat and set aside.
6. Place the lamb onto baking tray and bake for 12 -15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and transfer to plate to rest for 2 minutes.
8. Serve with lentils or green salad