Pumpkin and Feta Breakfast Frittata
Stuck on healthy breakfast ideas? Give this delicious and filling pumpkin and feta breakfast frittata a try. It’s packed with protein, and can be served with a slice of wholegrain sourdough to make it a great pre or post workout meal.
Serves 1. Each serve contains 1513 kJ, 16g carbs, 23g protein, 22g fat, 5g fibre. This recipe is soy-free, gluten-free and vegetarian.
150g butternut pumpkin
1 tsp olive oil
½ tsp sumac (optional)
1 small handful spinach, shredded
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2tbsp milk or milk alternative
1 tsp pine nuts
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Prepare the pumpkin (this can be done in advance) – cut into 1cm cubes and toss with olive oil and sumac. Bake for 20 minutes in 180 degree Celsius oven or until tender.
2. Spray small saucepan with cooking spray then layer with pumpkin pieces and sprinkle with spinach.
3. Combine milk and egg, season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour egg mixture over the top and sprinkle with broken feta and pine nuts.
5. Cook until edges start to bubble.
6. Place under grill for 2 minutes or until top is golden.
7. Serve immediately.