Gluten-Free Ricotta And Swiss Chard Tart
This tasty Swiss chard and ricotta (pastry free) tart is the perfect addition to your to weekly meat free repertoire. Dish it up with your favourite side salad or salsa.
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tbsp chili flakes
2 tbsp lemon thyme leaves, plus 3 sprigs extra to garnish
Salt and pepper
1 bunch of Swiss chard (or you can use silverbeet) stems removed, thinly sliced
1 leek, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
150g of baby spinach
2 eggs, beaten
Handful of parsley, finely chopped
½ cup pine nuts, some for garnish
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Pre heat oven to 200°C
2. Heat a large non-stick fry pan on medium-high heat. Dry fry pine nuts until slightly toasted, about 1-2 minutes, tossing the pan continuously. Once toasted, remove from pan and set aside.
3. In the same fry pan, add one tbsp of olive oil and sauté the leek and garlic on medium to high heat and stir until soften, about 1- 2 minutes
4. Add the Swiss chard to the pan with the remaining olive oil and stir occasionally, until coated with oil and starts to soften.
5. Add the spinach and stir through for another minute. Place a lid onto the pan and turn off the heat and allow the spinach to wilt for an extra minute.
6. Transfer the green mixture to a colander and press to remove as much excess liquid as possible and allow it to cool slightly.
7. Once cooled, transfer to a large bowl, and blend in the beaten eggs, parsley and season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Set aside.
8. To prepare the top layer of the tart, combine the ricotta, olive oil, chili and thyme in a separate mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper, and mix until well combined.
9. Line a 20 cm spring-form pan with baking paper. Spoon in the green filling and pat down evenly. Place the ricotta mixture on top and spread evenly.
10. Bake for 35-40 min or until firm and lightly golden.
11. Once cooked, remove from the oven and set aside to allow to cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and garnish with remaining pine nuts and thyme. Cut into portions and serve hot or warm with a side salad or avocado salsa.