Raw Citrus Cashew Cream Tart
This raw Citrus Cashew Cream Tart is delicious! It's made with buckinis (raw buckwheat) – a gluten free seed rich in protein with all essential amino acids. Buckinis are especially high in Lysine, Tryptophan and Arginine, and are a good source of fibre. This sweet treat is also dairy and gluten free, plus easily able to made vegan! The best part? No baking required!
1 cup of raw almonds
1 cup of bukinis (raw buckwheat)
¼ cup of shredded coconut
½ cup of coconut oil (melted)
5 medjool dates
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp of cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
3 cups of soaked cashews (soak in hot water for 2+ hours)
Zest of 2 lemons
Juice of 2 lemons
¼ cup of cacao butter (if you don’t have this, you can substitute for coconut oil)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
¼ cup of honey/maple syrup or desired sweetener (use maple syrup to make this recipe vegan)
1 cup of raspberries (can use frozen)
1 tbsp of maple syrup
1 tbsp of water
1. Place raw cashews in a bowl, cover with boiled water and leave overnight (if possible) or 2+ hours.
2. Line a 20cm spring form pan with baking paper and set aside.
3. In a food processor add almonds, shredded coconut, half the buckinis, dates, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and process until well combined (may take a few of minutes).
4. Place mixture in a bowl and mix in the rest of the buckinis.
5. Press the base mixture firmly into the base of the lined pan and set aside in fridge while you make the filling.
6. Place all of the filling ingredients into the food processor and process until you get a smooth, creamy consistency. This could take a little while depending on the power and speed of your processor. You may have to stop and stir the mixture a couple of times.
7. Pour mixture into pan over base and set in freezer for 4 hours if in a rush, ideally overnight is best.
8. For the raspberry puree, place all topping ingredients into a saucepan over very low heat and allow to cook while frequently stirring for about 8 minutes. Then place mixture in a blender/food processor and use a hand stick blender to create a puree.
9. 15 minutes before serving, remove tart from freezer and top with raspberry coulis, fresh berries, and flower petals for decoration.
Storage Tip: store in the freezer for up 7 days, or keep in fridge for a softer texture and consume within 2 days.