Healthier Chocolate Bark
Waiting for something special to satisfy your sweet tooth? You can’t go wrong with this delicious chocolatey treat. Made with antioxidant-rich raw cacao, whole nuts, fruit and infused with spices (and no added nasties). Delish!
Makes 12 – 14 pieces.
¾ cup of raw cacao
½ cup of coconut oil
3 tbsp of maple syrup
½ tsp of cardamom
½ tsp of cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
¼ cup of hazelnuts (roughly chopped)
¼ cup of almonds (roughly chopped)
¼ cup of dried mulberries (or use unsweetened craisins or raisins)
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper
2. Melt cacao and coconut oil in a bowl over a pot of boiling water
3. Mix in cacao, cardamom, cinnamon, sea salt, and maple syrup
4. Mix in nuts and mulberries to chocolate mix and coat well
5. Pour melted chocolate mixture into the tray and place in fridge for about an hour or the freezer for about 20 minutes.
NOTE: Chocolate bark needs to be stored in freezer and can be removed 2-4 minutes before serving/eating.